Problems and solutions
- Where can I access the admin area?
- I've forgotton my log-in details. What do I do?
- Where can I change my password?
- How do I create a new user?
- How do I create contact information for a user?
- Do all people in the 'Contacts' section have to be Content Curator 'users'?
- How do I create a 'stand-alone contact'?
Where can I access the admin area?
The admin area is accessable by adding '/admin' to the URL of your Content Curator -generated pages (this URL may vary from case to case). For the main Content Curator website, the link to the admin area is:
I've forgotton my log-in details. What do I do?
Send password function
- Go to the sign-in page (for the main Content Curator website, this is: http://www.contentcurator.org/signin.php)
- Enter your email address in the 'Email address' field. Click on the 'Send me a new password' link. A new, randomly generated password will be sent to your email address.
- Follow the instructions in the email (i.e. return to the sign-in page and log in with your new password. It is now advisable to change your password to something that you are more likely to remember).
Where can I change my password?
You can do this by logging in through the sign in page (http://www.contentcurator.org/signin.php), then clicking on the button 'Change your login details'.Top
How do I create a new user?
Adding a user
> admin area > admin tab > users
Before you begin: Your site might also have an area in which users can register, creating their own accounts. If so, this method should be preferred to adding a user manually through the admin area (described below).
- Make sure you have clicked on the 'Admin' tab in the top left hand corner of the screen
- Click on 'Users' in the list of sections in the Admin pane (left hand side of screen). This will open the options for administering users in the main, right hand part of the screen.
- To add a new user, click on the green 'add' button in the 'Users' pane.
- Enter the user's real name and email address in the fields on the right hand side of the screen.
- Enter a new password for the user (you need to do this twice, the second time in order to confirm the password). NOTE: for reasons of data protection, it is not generally a good idea to know users' private passwords. Therefore, you could set up user accounts with a generic password and ask them to change their password as soon as their account has been set up (see 'Where can I change my password).
Select the desired further options from the 'Configuration' pane and then save your changes:
- Group: This allows you to put the user in groups. Each group can have it's own permissions, such as being able to edit given pages.
- Display: Determines whether the user appears in lists of users.
- Admin: If you want to give the user access to the admin area with the same permissions as you (creating new pages, editing pages creating new users etc), select this option.
- Allow access to CMS: If you want to give the user limited access to the admin area (e.g. only being able to edit certain pages), select this option, and make sure the 'Admin' option is not selected.
- Suspended: This allows you to suspend users' access to all administrative features of Content Curator.
RESULT: A new user has now been created. NOTE: the information stored in the 'users' part of the admin area only includes functional details enabling the user to log in (e.g. email address and password). You might also want to add contact information for the user (see 'How do I create contact information for a user?').
How do I create contact information for a user?
Adding contact details for a user
> admin area > admin tab > users
- Select the desired user in the 'Users' pane. (If you have just created the user, this user will be selected by default).
- At the top of the main part of the screen, there is a message saying 'Add contact information for this user'. Click on 'Add'. This will take you to the 'Contacts' section, and will automatically create a record for the user.
- Fill in the desired information and save your changes.
Do all people in the 'Contacts' section have to be Content Curator 'users'?
No. The Contacts section can also be used to store records of people who have no need to directly log in to your website. The exact function of the Contacts section will vary from project to project. For example, you might use the Contacts section to generate a list of project partners or store the details of mailshot or mailing list recipients.Top
How do I create a 'stand-alone contact'?
Add a contact
> admin area > Admin tab > Contacts
You can create 'Contacts' records independently of users.
- Click on the green 'Add' button in the Contacts pane. This will create a new 'person' in the 'Contacts' section.
- Fill in the desired fields and save your changes.